About Dr. Kallio
Dr. Karen Kallio earned her Bachelors of Science in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology from West Virginia University, her Masters in Audiology from University of New Mexico and her doctorate of Audiology from Arizona School of Health Sciences.
With 20 plus years working for Ear, Nose & Throat practices around the country, it was time to open her own practice Kallio Audiology & Hearing Care of Lexington, Inc. She sees patients primarily in Lexington with satellte offices in London and Richmond. She specializes in adult and pediatric diagnostics and the fitting of hearing instruments. Married and the mother of two sons, Dr. Kallio spends her free time with her family. She is an advocate for recycling and has taken on many philanthropic activities but still manages to enjoy summer weather, the beach, traveling, reading and cross stitching.
- KY Board of Speech Language & Audiology
- Ky Licensing Board for Specialists in Hearing Instruments
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Amercian Academy of Audiology
- HLAA (Hearing Loss Association of America)
- KAA ( KY Academy of Audiology)
- Lexington Lions Club
Our Caring Promises
- Professional Evaluation of your hearing health
- Hearing health solutions focused on your lifestyle needs
- A comfortable and well-informed decision-making process
- A real ear test to ensure best performance and hearing quality
- A thorough review of product manual and warranty procedures
- Proper training on required hearing aid maintenance
- Timely follow-up appointments as needed
- An on-going, supportive partnership with caring hearing health providers
Meet My Team
Sarah Shields earned her associate’s degree in applied science in 2013 and in May 2018 obtained her Certified Professional Coder certification. After having worked for the last nine years as a surgery coordinator for Bluegrass ENT; the practice closed. Sarah, ready for a new adventure, joined forces with Dr. Karen Kallio as her Office Manager.
She is married to her high school sweetheart and a dog mom to her Aussie Doodle River Jones. Sarah enjoys reading, traveling as much as possible, and spending time with her family.